[Python-Dev] Re: New bugtracker project

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 09:50:16 -0400

On Thu, May 23, 2002, Anthony Baxter wrote:
>> Aahz wrote
>> So you're claiming that any reports I'd want to create already exist in
>> Roundup?  That's the main reason for wanting a SQL backend.
>
> Is the requirement that we can do arbitrary[*] reports, or that we can
> do arbitrary reports in SQL?

Unlike Guido, I do already know SQL, so my preference is for SQL, but if
there's a clear/simple API for getting reports that has all the power of
SQL, that's fine with me.  Note specifically that I'm not a fan of
mixing and matching languages for data manipulation.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help."  --Ira Winkler