[Python-Dev] New bugtracker projec

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
24 May 2002 10:33:54 +0100

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

> [David]
> > As a followup to a previous message, I remembered one problem with the
> > original roundup nosy-list mechanism, and that's the "adding to cc list
> > by replying to a email" behavior.  It's the key behind the nosy-list
> > concept, and I must say that it worked great when we had a small team of
> > developers (4-5) and beta users.  When we scaled up to over 10 people
> > and thousands of users, then that behavior was much too generous, and
> > you hesitated to make a comment on a bug for fear of being attached to
> > that bug forever.
>
> There should be a way to remove yourself.

But of course sf doesn't have one of these, and while it's a tad
annoying to still get all the comments on bugs that I moved out of the
2.2.1 category, it hasn't been a major problem yet.  Though I guess if
you can comment via email, you get more comments...

Cheers,
M.

--
  > Look I don't know.  Thankyou everyone for arguing me round in
  > circles.
  No need for thanks, ma'am; that's what we're here for.
                                    -- LNR & Michael M Mason, cam.misc