[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 14:12:15 -0400

[Fran=E7ois Pinard]
> [1] Don't throw the first stone, they say!  For one, I routinely ab=
use of
> immediate automatic finalisation in C-Python, but _only_ after Tim =
told
> me it will never go away.  Still, there is no promise of this in th=
> manual :-).

That's because there isn't a CPython manual:  *the* reference manual =
is
telling the truth about Python-the-language.  You'll regret your sinf=
ul ways
if you ever move to JPython or Vyper, but you won't, so sleep easy.  =
If
Guido ever gets rid of refcounts in CPython-the-implementation, the l=
anguage
will get renamed to Orlijnthon (or something like that <wink>).