[Python-Dev] Out of date FAQ entries

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:41:49 -0400

> There are a few more:  4.28 & 4.93 seem like they should be merged.
> Both talk about compiling Python applications to a stand-alone program.

I merged these into 4.28 and deleted 4.93.  (Remember, the convention
for deleting FAQ entries is to set the title to "Deleted" and remove
all contents, except perhaps a pointer.)

> Also, I updated 4.2, which should be reviewed to make sure it's
> accurate?  The title is: Can I create an object class with some
> methods implemented in C and others in Python (e.g.  through
> inheritance)? (Also phrased as: Can I use a built-in type as base
> class?)

Looks OK to me, except that the ExtensionClass paper is no longer
online at digicool.com.  Google found a copy for me though:

http://debian.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu/doc/python-extclass/ExtensionClass.html

I've fixed that (adding a plug for Zope and explaining that
ExtensionClass will go away in Zope 3).