[Python-Dev] _tkinter problem with Stackless

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 17:42:04 -0700

> [Greg Ewing]
>
>>It still strikes me as terribly hairy and dangerous.
>>I would have great difficulty trusting it.

[Tim Peters]
> Christian doesn't call his enterprise "Mission Impossible Software" for
> nothing.  If you can trust a fabulous hack, what's the point <wink>?

Sourcery goes immediately
Wonders take a little longer :-)

Honestly, it might appear hairy and dangerous. But it is
very few, very well tested code that enables everything.
The old Stackless was really hairy and dangerous, but it
cheated not to do so. Instead it hided in uncomprehensible
code (which I nearly can't understand any longer as well).
What I now have breaks down to the correct decision when
a stack split is bearable (i.e. true for the whole pyhon dll)
and to identify which extension needs a little help.

one-can't-have-Stackless-and-Riskless-same-time - ly y'rs - chris
--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@tismer.com>