[Python-Dev] Re: Deprecation

Steven Lott s_lott@yahoo.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 10:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

The numbering scheme should cover this need.  After all, Wirth
had a series of numbered versions for Modula (<empty>, 2, 3).

I think the individual modules may need explicit version
numbering, also.  I find 15 of 158 .py files in my release of
the library have __version__ numbers.

I have a patch I use for the current release of the SGML module;
it may never make it to prime time (since it works around an
obscure MS-Word-ism).  I may have to update it for future
releases, and would like to know which releases of the module
use wich version of the patch.

=====
--
S. Lott, CCP :-{)
S_LOTT@YAHOO.COM

Macintosh user: drinking upstream from the herd.