[Python-Dev] True division in embedded Python

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen@NAREX.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 14:15:52 -0600

We're currently in the process of adapting Python as the common
scripting plug-in for all of our projects (and it's working great :-).
We're standardizing on 2.2.1, and unless there is a pressing business
need, we'll probably stay with that version for the next 18-24 months.

My question is if it's intended for users to start using true division
_now_? The reason I'm inclined to do so is that we're going to have
snippets of Python code everywhere, including our libraries, disk files,
and databases -- it would be a major undertaking to find and fix this
later...

My second question is how do you enable true division in embedded
Python? I've read the documentation and I couldn't find anything
appropriate...

Sincerely,
Bjorn Pettersen

NAREX Inc.