[Python-Dev] Getting python-bz2 into 2.3

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:25:24 -0500

> Now that I'm relieved by sharing with you my feelings, ;-)

And thanks for that!  I think you're right.  I'll let others comment
first; I'm about to leave for a 3-day trip, back on Monday.

> what's the best path to get python-bz2 module into Python 2.3?
> Do you think it's something which should be in the core, or it'd
> be better to keep it as an external module?

If there are no licensing issues, and if there's a decent bz2 library,
it should be welcome in the core.  Batteries included.