[Python-Dev] Becoming a python contributor

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 14:44:21 -0300

> > Not at all. I meant that people who prove to understand the basic
> > development strategy, and also provided correct working and
> > non-breaking patches, could get commit access more easily.
>
> That procedure is already in place: If you want commit privileges,
> just step forward and say that you want. In the past, Guido has set a

<niemeyer steps forward>

> policy that people who's commit privilege is fresh will still have to
> use SF, but can perform the checkin themselves.

That's ok with me. I think that besides that being the case for
people who's just got commit access, any serious developer will
submit a patch for review whenever he's not sure about something.

> I've been contributing to GCC for a while, and I can tell you from
> first-hand experience that this won't work. If you don't make
> documentation a commit prerequisite, you never get it.
[...]

Ouch.. :-(

Thanks again Martin!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]