[Python-Dev] Getting python-bz2 into 2.3

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 15:07:53 -0300

> > Unfortunately I can't provide that part. :-(
>
> Actually, you just did <wink>.  The link you provided *is* the place
> with Windows build instructions and an MSVC project file.

Great! :-)

> Semi-unfortunately, the author of that has
>
>     no idea if it actually works on 95/98/ME/NT/XP

I think he was refering specifically to the pre-built binaries for
1.0.2, since older binaries are available for many platforms for quite
some time, and bzip2 seems to be very portable.

> That means it will require some real work to build and test this stuff
> on 6 flavors of Windows.  Not a showstopper, but does raise the bar
> for getting into the PLabs Windows distro.
>
> The good news is that it's BSD-licensed, so we don't have to haggle
> about license issues.

Given your comments, I belive such libraries are included directly in
the distribution, right?

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]