[Python-Dev] Becoming a python contributor

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 19:58:15 -0500

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 04:40:34PM -0800, Armin Rigo wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 10:09:43PM +0100, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > It is my impression that all people who want CVS write access already
> > have it (with Gustavo perhaps being one of a few exceptions).
>
> What about adding an SF outcome/resolution status ("reviewed" or
> "proposedly closed" or even "low-hanging fruit" :-) meaning that the
> issue has been reviewed and discussed, according to the guidelines,
> and that the reviewer thinks the item should now be closed (commited
> or rejected) ? I feel it is a better solution than just assigning
> the item to an arbitrary core developer.  This lets anyone step in
> as a reviewer, which is a status that should be clearly documented:
> review other people's work and not your own, of course, and closely
> follow the guidelines. (SF might get in the way if it disallows
> third-parties to change an issue's outcome or resolution status;
> reviewers could instead use an inline keyword or ask the author to
> change the status.)

I hope everyone feels welcome to make comments already.  I'm not sure
how SF works, but comments by others are helpful.  Also, it would be
great if people provided patches to existing bugs.  Unfortunately,
it's pretty obscure if the patch is added to the bug report.  However,
if a separate patch is added, it is likely to be seen/fixed sooner
rather than later.

For now, if anyone wants to make a comment on a bug proposing a patch
or solution or more info and wants to make sure it's seen, add your
comment and assign it to me (nnorwitz).

I'd love to see the bugs brought down.

Neal