[Python-Dev] [#527371] sre bug/patch

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 20:02:59 -0200

Patch #527371, from Greg Chapman, seems to be pretty obvious, and is
laying around for quite some time. The same pattern even happens in
a few other places in the sre module. I suggest we apply it, including
the fixes for lastindex mentioned in the discussion.

As a minor observation, I'd include the "state->lastmark = lastmark;"
line inside the 'if' block when applying, as every other occurence of
this algorithm. No big deal, but saves a few cycles.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]