[Python-Dev] Getting python-bz2 into 2.3

Michael Gilfix mgilfix@eecs.tufts.edu
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:30:34 -0500

  I know I'm a little behind in my dev mail, per usual these days, but
I just want to say that this is a good thing (tm). I actually have
need for bzip2 in an application and would be quite happy for its
support.

  In a related question, does python have tar support (I haven't had
a chance to investigate thoroughly)? I got the impression it didn't,
which is kinda weird since zip is a supporting archive, and gz and bz2
will be, but there's no unix-y tar. But I'm sure someone will correct
me and say I'm wrong :)

                   Regards,

                         -- Mike