[Python-Dev] ConfigParser with a single section

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:48:55 -0500

>> -0.  Complicates the code and the docs and the mental model to
>> save what, 3 measly characters of typing (e.g., "[x]")?

[Gustavo Niemeyer]
> Tim, I've submited to patch #549037 a possible implementation of the
> singlesection algorithm I described in my last mail. If possible, could
> you please verify if it's simple enough to change your mind?

A vote of -0 means I don't want to make a career out of this <wink>.

    http://www.python.org/dev/process.html

A -1 vote is a strong objection; I don't have a strong objection here, I see
*any* support for anonymous sections in ConfigParser as complicating the
whole thing for no particular benefit.  OTOH, it won't be a disaster for
Python if some version is accepted, either; I'd just rather it weren't.  Or,
IOW, -0.  That can't be changed unless someone presents a compelling use
case for an anonymous section where making up a section name would be a
believable burden.