[Python-Dev] Reindenting unicodedata.c

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
08 Nov 2002 23:10:55 +0100

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> And just to make sure Martin totally abandons this folly <sink>, I'll
> start a little mini-flamewar on the all-tabs recommendation in PEP
> 7. :)

I actually don't consider this recommendation foolish. This is what
Emacs does when I start editing a Python C file, so it is convenient
for me to follow this PEP, and inconvenient to not follow it.

> My specific recommendation is Emacs-specific: use the CC Mode "python"
> style, but with (setq c-basic-offset 8) and (setq indent-tabs-mode nil)
> I can provide some elisp if there's any interest.

Did you mean (setq c-basic-offset 4) here? If not, what is the
advantage of these settings?

Regards,
Martin