[getopt-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Adopting Optik

David Abrahams dave@boost-consulting.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:43:50 -0500

Greg Ward <gward@python.net> writes:

> On 13 November 2002, Guido van Rossum said:
>> How about optlib?  It's short, un-cute, and follows the *lib pattern
>> used all over the Python stdlib.
>
> Oooh, I think I like it!  Definitely more than I like cmdline.py or
> cmdopts.py or anything like that.
>
> (I dislike abbreviated words in module names almost as much as Guido
> dislikes underscores.)

<opinion>
I agree with that sentiment, but find it hard to understand why you'd
prefer 'opt' as an abbreviation over the other abbreviations
suggested, which are much less-confusable.
</opinion>

--
                       David Abrahams
   dave@boost-consulting.com * http://www.boost-consulting.com