[Python-Dev] Killing off bdist_dumb

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:55:28 +0100

amk wrote:

> In the commentary attached to bug #410541, I suggest removing the
> bdist_dumb command, because no interesting platforms actually install
> from zip files. =20

how is bdist_dumb different from a plain bdist?

if you decide to keep it in there, can you at least fix the
help text:

  bdist            create a built (binary) distribution
  bdist_dumb       create a "dumb" built distribution
  bdist_rpm        create an RPM distribution
  bdist_wininst    create an executable installer for MS Windows

oh, dumb really means "dumb".  that's helpful.

</F>