[Python-Dev] bsddb3 imported

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
19 Nov 2002 19:03:24 +0100

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> Off the top of my head (because I have to run in a moment), create a
> test/ subdir inside Lib/bsddb and drop the tests there.  Hack
> Lib/test/test_bsddb.py to run Lib/bsddb/test/testall.py when -u bsddb
> is given.
>
> I do something similar (w/o the -u) for the email pkg tests.

Ok, done. The test suite produces a number of errors for me, namely
multiple occurrences of

/home/martin/work/pybsd/Lib/bsddb/test/test_compat.py:18: RuntimeWarning: mktemp is a potential security risk to your program
  self.filename = tempfile.mktemp()

and of

Exception bsddb3._db.DBError: (0, 'DBCursor object has been closed') in <bound method DBShelfCursor.__del__ of <bsddb.dbshelve.DBShelfCursor instance at 0x4034f6ec>> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "bsdTableDB instance has no attribute 'db'" in <bound method bsdTableDB.__del__ of <bsddb.dbtables.bsdTableDB instance at 0x4035096c>> ignored

Running the testsuite with -v gives additional errors (9 of 177 tests fail).
These failures are for test01_both, test02_dbobj_dict_interface,
test01, and others, and they all have their traceback end with

DBNoSuchFileError: (2, 'No such file or directory -- db_home/__db.001: No such file or directory')

Greg, can you please take a look? It may be that I made a mistake when
incorporating bsddb3, or it may be an error in the package itself.

Any insights appreciated.

Regards,
Martin