[Python-Dev] release22-maint branch broken

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
22 Nov 2002 10:41:05 +0000

Tim Rice <tim@multitalents.net> writes:

> I pulled the release22-maint branch today and tried to build on UnixWare 7
> It looks like changes to setup.py and Lib/distutils/sysconfig.py
> broke the build.

Oops.

> At least if there is no pre existing python installed.

Well, if was reading the previous Python's config, that would be
broken too.

Can you work out why Lib/distutils/sysconfig.py isn't setting
python_build?  I suggest some debugging 'print's.

Cheers,
M.

--
  I've even been known to get Marmite *near* my mouth -- but never
  actually in it yet.  Vegamite is right out.