[Python-Dev] test failures on Debian unstable

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:02:10 -0500

[Neil Schemenauer]
> test test_anydbm crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError: 'module'
> object has no attribute 'error'
> test test_bsddb crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError: 'module'
> object has no attribute 'btopen'
> test test_strptime failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/nas/Python/py_cvs/Lib/test/test_strptime.py", line 156, in
> test_returning_RE
>     self.failUnless(_strptime.strptime("1999", strp_output), "Use or re
> object failed")
>   File "/home/nas/Python/py_cvs/Lib/_strptime.py", line 399, in strptime
>     if format.pattern.find(locale_time.lang) == -1:
> TypeError: expected a character buffer object
> test test_whichdb failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/nas/Python/py_cvs/Lib/test/test_whichdb.py", line 48, in
> test_whichdb_name
>     f = mod.open(_fname, 'c')
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open'
>
> 198 tests OK.
> 4 tests failed:
>     test_anydbm test_bsddb test_strptime test_whichdb

The db story is something of a mess right now.  Upgrade to Windows and you
can take advantage of my recent pain there (which hasn't all gone away:
still getting link warnings, don't know whether they matter or how to stop
them if they do, and can't make more time to stare at it).

> 18 tests skipped:
>     test_al test_bsddb3 test_bz2 test_cd test_cl test_curses test_dbm
>     test_email_codecs test_gl test_imgfile test_nis test_normalization
>     test_pep277 test_socket_ssl test_socketserver test_sunaudiodev
>     test_winreg test_winsound
> 4 skips unexpected on linux2:
>     test_normalization test_dbm test_bz2 test_bsddb3

test_normalization should probably be changed to a -u thing, and put in
regrtest's "expected skip" list on all platforms (it requires a giant text
file of test cases that isn't checked into the project).

test_bz2 was likely skipped because the new bz2 stuff isn't being built on
this box, and/or bunzip2 wasn't found on the PATH.

test_bsddb3 is already in already a regrtest -u thingie, so should be in the
expected-skip list on all boxes.