[Python-Dev] test failures on Debian unstable

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:04:39 -0600

On Sunday 24 November 2002 12:28 pm, Tim Peters wrote:
> If you want to change the skip mechanism on Linux, I've already said
> that's fine by me.  Let's hear from other Linux users:  is the
> mechanism useless to you?  Counterproductive?  I've got nothing new
> to say about it.  I haven't seen a specific suggestion for what you'd
> *like* to do here, apart from what appear to be rhetorical devices.

Here is my 2 cents worth. For some time I've been using the binary
distro of Python on Windows. But I recently compiled Python for Linux,
for the first time. When I saw the list of unexpected skips, it
prompted me to download and install the necessary libraries and
recompile Python. So I definitely found that aspect to be very helpful.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien