[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib webbrowser.py,1.34,1.35

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:55:31 -0200

>     Gustavo> Also, included skipstone support, as suggested by Fred in the
>     Gustavo> mentioned bug.
>
> Is this such a wise idea?  I have nothing against skipstone (never heard of
> it), but should we be in the business of trying to track every possible
> browser out there?

Considering the code already there, and Fred's comments, it looked like
that was the idea.

Something to take into account is that unlike other operating systems,
in unix-like systems the browser preference is really spread, so it
looks like a good idea to support "well-known" browsers.  For example,
I'd like to see Opera supported (I've heard it even has some Windows
audience out there).

I don't have a strong feeling about it, though. I'll accept peacefully
whatever is decided. :-)

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]