[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Modules _localemodule.c,2.35,2.36

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:53:48 -0800 (PST)

[Martin v. Loewis]

> Michael Hudson <mwh@python.net> writes:
>
> > I think this patch broke test_strptime:
>
> Are you sure? If I back out this patch, it still fails. I cannot see
> how the test could have ever worked on OS X.

It actually did since I wrote the module (coded the thing under OS X)i;
still does with my slightly old CVS checkout::

	>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()
	['en_US', 'ISO8859-1']

Beats me why it works (I get the test_locale failure just  like everyone
else).

This bug was actually first reported back in the thread about FreeBSD 4.4
and most recently when Debian unstable's Python broke.  Patch #639112
fixes this along with the other problem that FreeBSD 4.4 brought up
(same timezone names; e.g. ('EST', 'EST')).  So there is a fix and it is
ready to be checked in.

-Brett