[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Modules _localemodule.c,2.35,2.36

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:04:58 -0800 (PST)

[Martin v. Loewis]

> Brett Cannon <bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> writes:
>
> > It actually did since I wrote the module (coded the thing under OS X)i;
> > still does with my slightly old CVS checkout::
> >
> > 	>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()
> > 	['en_US', 'ISO8859-1']
> >
> > Beats me why it works (I get the test_locale failure just  like everyone
> > else).
>
> You do need to set LANG to make this test pass, right?

Well, I have the same crash with the error that locale._getdefaultlocale()
is not set.  But I actually never set it explicitly anywhere in my shell
or anywhere else for that matter.

> > This bug was actually first reported back in the thread about FreeBSD 4.4
> > and most recently when Debian unstable's Python broke.  Patch #639112
> > fixes this along with the other problem that FreeBSD 4.4 brought up
> > (same timezone names; e.g. ('EST', 'EST')).  So there is a fix and it is
> > ready to be checked in.
>
> Since it fixes it for OS X as well, I've applied this patch. Thanks!

I am just happy this got caught before 2.3 got out the door.

-Brett