[Python-Dev] RE: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Tools/freeze modulefinder.py,1.24,1.25

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:36:59 +1100

> Actually this change broke modulefinder again, it doesn't find 'import
> pywintypes' any longer. I think I have to install a new win32all
> build...
>
> While I noticed that 'imp.find_module("pywintypes")' finds it, it
> doesn't find it in this case: 'imp.find_module("pywintypes", sys.path)'.
>
> Looking into import.c, PyWin_FindRegisteredModule() is only called if
> path is NULL.  If I understood Mark correctly, this function will have
> to be removed.  Is this correct?

The latest builds have a pywintypes.py/pythoncom.py which locate and import
pywintypesxx.dll.   They may not be immediately perfect for freeze/Installer
etc, but they can be made so.  I'm happy to mail these to you.

So in the current CVS Python, PyWin_FindRegisteredModule() could be removed
without breaking win32all, and AFAIK no one else uses it.

Mark.