[Python-Dev] int/long FutureWarning

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:44:24 +0100

On Friday, Nov 29, 2002, at 13:17 Europe/Amsterdam, Martin v. L=F6wis=20
wrote:
>> To me the picture looks as if the warnings should only be printed
>> on request by a developer (not per default) and that new parser
>> markers are the only way to get everyone satisfied.
>
> The same is true for any other warning. The problem with not printing
> warnings by default is that it removes much of the application for the
> warning: To forcefully indicate that something will change.

But note that these long/int warnings are especially obnoxious: as they=20=

are
given by the parser you cannot turn them off with a filterwarning in the
module itself, you have to go out and find each and every module=20
importing
them.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20