[Python-Dev] int/long FutureWarning

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:11:47 +0100

On Friday, Nov 29, 2002, at 16:41 Europe/Amsterdam, Martin v. L=F6wis=20
wrote:
>> Another option was to add "k1", "k2", "k4" and "k8", to mean
>> uint8,  uint16, uint32 and uint64. "k1" and "k2" would be synonyms
>> for "B" and "H", but this would make the k-format-family consistent.
>
> Since this is the proposal that MAL just came up with also, it seems =
> be a manifest idea (unless it was also MAL who proposed this the last
> time around, in which case it might only be manifest to him). If that
> meets all requirements, go for it - I'm just not sure how I would use
> for plain int, since I don't know its size in advance.

I grabbed it from the old discussion, so there's a good chance MAL came=20=

up with
it at that time. But Guido mumbled somthing about "k1"=3D=3D"B" and=20
"k2"=3D=3D"H"
and that being overkill, and then the discussion stopped. Hence my=20
question:
is k1/k2/k4/k8 what it's going to be?
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20