[Python-Dev] Getting python-bz2 into 2.3

Bob Kline bkline@rksystems.com
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:32:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I'll be happy to help in whatever way would be useful in dealing with
> > the "raised bar," as the prospect of having Python support on all
> > platforms for bz2 compression (and tarfiles) is very appealing.
>
> If you could get Python from CVS, build it with MSVC 6.0 for Windows
> (elaborate instructions are in PCBuild/readme.txt!!!), and see if
> the bz2 module works on all flavors of Windows to which you have
> access, that would be tremendously helpful IMO.

If MSVC 7.0 isn't at least as good, I'll find a machine which still has
6.0 on it (or reinstall it on one of our development systems), but I
pulled down the sources from CVS and built it with MSC++ 7 and the all
28 tests in the bz2 test suite pass on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
Should I dig up a MSC6 system, or is this just as good?

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com