[Python-Dev] Psyco requests and patches

Armin Rigo arigo@tunes.org
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:54:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Martin,

On 2 Oct 2002, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> (about Psyco-friendly patches for 2.2.2)
> That can't be done: they break binary compatibility (atleast 617309
> does, haven't checked the others), which is unacceptable for a micro
> release.

No, I don't think any of the patches breaks binary compatibility.  I have
kept this in mind while making them.  Two patches add an extra field each
to the PyThreadState structure, but at the end.

617309: the new hook is of no concern to extension modules.  Reading the
'frame' field is still allowed.  The only real change is into the
implementation of PyEval_GetFrame().

A bientot,

Armin.