[Python-Dev] RFC: Option Parsing Libraries

Frank S. fschaef@ces.clemson.edu
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 23:12:35 -0400 (EDT)

After releasing the GetPot 1.0 Version I did some research on other
packages and I found the the Option Parsing RFC. I totally missed the
discussion. How come that nobody contacted me about the GetPot package ?
To get a python doc out should not be a problem at all. Not one single
person, though, complained until now, since the C++ doc is totally
equivalent.

Take a look at http://getpot.sourceforge.net for new features of the 1.0
Version. Except for the automated documenting feature (which may be a
little intrusive in its format) I don't really see what Optik brings
new on the table.

Guys, even though GetPot is designed for many languages, I'd like
to join the command line parsing discussion.

Best Regards,

Frank Schaefer.