[Python-Dev] [win32] Killing MSVC's _alloca

Gerhard Haering gerhard.haering@gmx.de
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 01:50:39 +0200

* Mark Hammond <mhammond@skippinet.com.au> [2002-10-05 09:34 +1000]:
> > > [me: change _alloca to alloca]
> > [Guido:]
> > Mark, do you see any reason why this might *not* work?
>
> None at all.

As per suggestion of Guido, I've submitted a patch. The patch, however, doesn't
make any sense standalone, so it's part of #1 of many mingw related patches.
These will ultimately make it possible to build Python on win32 using the
autoconf/make toolchain.

See http://python.org/sf/618791

I've assigned it to Guido for no good reason except being not sure if Mark
knows about autoconf/makesetup, which my patch touches.

But I'd also be glad if anybody else applies it ;-)

-- Gerhard