[Python-Dev] Bug #537450 Improper object initialization for type.__new__

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:31:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> You could have picked a better time than one day before the beta
> releast to open this up.  I'm already asked to consider several
> patches (the Psyco ones) at the very last minute.

Sorry -- it was on the 2.2.2 wiki since the day it was created.  Plus, I've
been out of town much of the time since then.

> In the SF entry I say that it's a clear semantic change and I don't
> want to change it in 2.2.

> I'll try to see if I can find time to read your message, but if I
> don't, I won't feel guilty.

I would appreciate it.  This is something of a pet bug, since it is the
single thing in 2.2.2 that will break a fairly large application that we
have developed.  For somewhat complex reasons, there is no easy
work-around for it.

Thanks,
-Kevin

--
Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect