[Python-Dev] Patch to fix Distutils bdist_rpm on Red Hat 8.0

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:17:06 -0600

At the 8.0 release, Red Hat has split the "rpm" command such that the
build options reside only in the "rpmbuild" command.  Actually, this
happened a while ago, as "rpmbuild" was available on 7.3.  However, at
8.0 the "rpm" command would no longer do building and it fails out.

I've submitted patch #619493 to correct this.  If /usr/bin/rpmbuild or
/bin/rpmbuild exists, the rpm command is changed from "rpm" to
"rpmbuild".  This probably should go into the 2.2.2 release.

I'm submitting a bug to Red Hat as well, as they probably should release
a fixed python package to address this as well.

Sean
--
 "The phrase ``ship it!'' is one with long and deep resonances in my
 benighted and antiquated big-software-dept career." -- John Shipman, 1998