[Python-Dev] Snapshot win32all builds of interest?

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:42:27 -0400

[Mark Hammond]
> OK - first such snapshot done.  See the link from
> starship.python.net/crew/mhammond
>
> This version installs no shortcuts, does not compile .pyc files etc - you
> are pretty much on your own.  Pythonwin\start_pythonwin.pyw is
> installed to start Pythonwin, but you must do so manually.
>
> Please let me know if you try it.

I tried it.  I'd say something useful, except as far as I could tell, it
worked <wink>.  Thanks!  Have you talked w/ the PBF about getting builds
tested?

FYI, the current PLabs Python uninstaller arranges to delete .pyc and .pyo
files via these WISE lines in the installer:

Add "File Tree: %MAINDIR%\*.pyc" to INSTALL.LOG
Add "File Tree: %MAINDIR%\*.pyo" to INSTALL.LOG

These arrange to (recursively) delete all .pyc and .pyo files at uninstall
time, and "do the right thing":  any directories left empty at the end are
magically removed.