[Python-Dev] Where is this flag coming from?

Tim Rice tim@multitalents.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> [Martin]
> > For 2.2.2, backing out any setup.py changes to add
> > runtime_library_dirs should be taking into consideration.
>
> This sounds like a conservative solution.  There is exactly one such
> option, for ssl.  The checkin message:

[snip]
> +                                    runtime_library_dirs = ssl_libs,

The only real problem is -R seems to be added for all unix platforms.
This change would benefit all my platforms if it handled -R properly
In OpenSSH we only use -R on solaris and freebsd.
Perhaps runtime_library_dir_option() in Lib/distutils/unixccompiler.py
needs some work.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim@multitalents.net