[Python-Dev] Tests failing in MacPython 2.2.2

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:07:26 +0200

On woensdag, oktober 9, 2002, at 02:11 , Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     JJ> test_email: assertion failed, 2042 != 2. from line 1793 in
>     JJ> test_crlf_separation.  Could this have something to do with
>     JJ> MacPython 2.2's "poor man's universal newlines"? (MacPython
>     JJ> 2.2.X will read both \r and \n as \n for files opened in text
>     JJ> mode, but not \r\n. This quick hack was put in to make 2.2
>     JJ> usable on OSX).
>
> Re-reading this, are you saying that this failure is on MacOS9 only?

Correct. Or, to be hyper-correct: it fails in MacPython 2.2.X on
OSX as well,
but not in unix-Python 2.2.X on OSX.

> That test passes just fine on OSX 10.2 and the data looks just fine to
> me, so this must be an OS9 failure only.
>
> Maybe the thing to do is to open msg_26.txt in binary mode, but only
> on MacOS9?

Doesn't work, now the assert just above that fails (the payload
length is 0 in stead of 2), so I think this breaks the boundary
separation or somesuch. I've added code to simply skip this test
for MacPython 2.2.X, how do you feel about that?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -