[Python-Dev] Missing symbol in sre.py (Python 2.2.2b1)

Eric Johnson eggsy@gmx.de
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 06:50:07 +0200 (MEST)

There appears to still be a missing public symbol definition in the Python
2.2.2b1
version of sre.py

The documentation implies that finditer should work and indeed it is
defined
in the module if sys.hexversion > 0x02020000 however it is not listed in
the
__all__ module variable.

This means that if I use
        import re
I am unable to use re.finditer but if I use
        import sre
then I can use sre.finditer.

I thought that the recommended approach was to use import re.

I think this is  the outstanding bug 585882 re.finditer which was for
Python 2.2.1.

Eric