[Python-Dev] Can Zope be built on MacOSX?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:44:31 -0500

I downloaded Zope 2.6.0b1 today from zope.org and tried to build it with
Python from CVS, which failed, then Python 2.2.2 (also from CVS, but which
should be between 2.2.2b1 and 2.2.2final), which also failed.  Upon closer
examination, it seems 2.1.x is required for Zope 2.5, though the
doc/INSTALL.txt file says nothing about what Zope 2.6 requires.  I then
pulled the release21-maint branch of CVS and tried to build it on MacOSX.
It failed spectacularly trying to compile Python/dynload_next.c

Am I wasting my time trying to build Zope on MacOSX?

Skip