[Python-Dev] Valgrind on 2.2.2

Michael Gilfix mgilfix@eecs.tufts.edu
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:12:55 -0500

  Just been lurkin' :) Possibly lost means that Valgrind didn't see
any freeing for a specific point after a malloc. In valgrind terms,
you probably forgot to free a pointer and lost all points that could
reference that memory. In other words, a leak :) Usually 75% of those
errors can be solved locally within the function, although I haven't
looked at the specifics, but that 25% can get nasty.

                        -- Mike

--
Michael Gilfix
mgilfix@eecs.tufts.edu