[Python-Dev] Python-dev summary for 2002-08-15 - 2002-09-01

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:29:09 -0500

    Brett> I am posting to Python-dev first before posting to c.l.py,
    Brett> c.l.py.a ... because I want to get the general okay from the
    Brett> list...

Looks good to me.  The only trivial nit I would like to raise is that any
URLs you embed in the text be true URLs.  I'd also prefer they be encased in
<...>, but that's slightly less important and generally only matters when
URLs are immediately followed by punctuation.  So, instead of

    Brett> Guido said he will revive the PEP.  The patch has since been put
    Brett> on SF at python.org/sf/599331 .

you'd have

    Brett> Guido said he will revive the PEP.  The patch has since been put
    Brett> on SF at <http://python.org/sf/599331>.

The two changes make it much more likely that email readers will be able to
successfully highlight such URLs correctly.

Skip