[Python-Dev] Two random and nearly unrelated ideas

Oren Tirosh oren-py-d@hishome.net
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 05:49:47 -0400

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 04:39:01PM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Second (also considered during the above edit), it would be nice to get rid
> of the ticker altogether in systems with proper signal support.  On those
> platforms couldn't an alarm replace polling for the ticker?

Not before all all Python I/O calls are converted to be EINTR-safe.

After running into some problems with I/O interrupted by signals I tried to
fix it myself but it requires a lot of work in some of the hairiest places
in the Python codebase.

	Oren