[Python-Dev] Proposed Mixins for Wide Interfaces

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:33:34 -0400

> [RH]
> > > How about adding some mixins to simplify the
> > > implementation of some of the fatter interfaces?

On second thought, I don't think there's enough here to warrant
putting this in the standard library.  E.g. the example from BaseSet
actually strikes me as indirect: because <= is the natural operation
to provide for sets, hanging everything off __lt__ looks forced.

Maybe this could go into the Demo directory or in some example or
HOWTO.

We'll revise this issue when we are going to introduce a standard type
or interface hierarchy (not for Python 2.3).