[Python-Dev] Re: Signal-resistant code (was: Two random and nearly unrelated ideas)

Oren Tirosh oren-py-d@hishome.net
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:45:52 -0400

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:52:28AM -0700, Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> Signals are a gigantic mess.  I'm starting to doubt that you realize the
> extent of the brain damage.  While I would be pleased if there was some
> way Python could hide the mess, I'm not convinced it is possible.
>
>   Neil

Ah... I can almost hear the pain, frustration and despair in your voice.
Obviously Guido and you got burned by this. I know other old-time Unix
hackers with the same attitude. From my experience signals on Linux work
just fine - I don't carry any signal scars. I can show off my Oracle
scars, though. They're really gnarly. I can't hear that name mentioned
without turning completely irrational about it. Certain embedded software
and hardware makers also make me want to scream.

	Oren