[Python-Dev] Call for clarity ( clarification ;-) )

Martin Sjögren md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se
06 Sep 2002 17:10:21 +0200

--=-Ph2A8jkujuq9XkvZKUg+

fre 2002-09-06 klockan 16.41 skrev Guido van Rossum:
> > my only objection is that the case where fork fails isn't documented.
> > with a C background one expects a negative number, when in fact an=20
> > exception is raised...
>=20
> Ah jeez.  Even with only half a day of Python you should've figured
> out that Python nearly always raises an exception where the
> corresponding C code returns an error value.

It would, however, be extremely useful if the documentation spelled out
*which* exceptions can be raised! Kind of hard to write a decent
try/except clause if you don't know what to expect.

Regards,
Martin

--=-Ph2A8jkujuq9XkvZKUg+

--=-Ph2A8jkujuq9XkvZKUg+--