[Python-Dev] Re: raw headers in rfc822.Message

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:39:37 +0200

On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 04:26 , Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> Couldn't Zack's comment be added to the directions found at
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=5470&atid=305470
>> so that anyone submitting a patch would see how to do it.
>
> I guess we're assuming that even people who aren't familiar with
> SourceForge are familiar with diff.  Is that not a reasonable
> assumption any more?

Not cross-platform. I've had patches for MacPython in rather outlandish
diff-like
formats, so a note that tells people to use the unix diff program
wouldn't hurt.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -