[Python-Dev] Re: raw headers in rfc822.Message

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:03:05 +0200

On dinsdag, september 10, 2002, at 04:41 , Guido van Rossum wrote:

>>> I guess we're assuming that even people who aren't familiar with
>>> SourceForge are familiar with diff.  Is that not a reasonable
>>> assumption any more?
>>
>> Not cross-platform. I've had patches for MacPython in rather
>> outlandish diff-like formats, so a note that tells people to use the
>> unix diff program wouldn't hurt.
>
> But what good does a reference to "the unix diff program" do a Mac
> developer?

At the very least they won't send me MPW diffs. At best they
fire up OSX and use the One True Diff:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -