[Python-Dev] Weeding out obsolete modules and Demos

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:05:42 +0200

Folks,
how about going over the various demos, and see which ones have
really lost their usefulness?

I happened to come across Demo/sgi/audio (works only on SGI
4D/35 machines, which went out of production about 12 years
ago), sv and video (works on Indigo's with the Starter Video
board, last seen about 8 years ago). And there's the svmodule.c
(yup, same board).
There are probably Indigo's still alive (4D35's? I doubt it, I
can still remember the noise it made:-), but I wonder whether
anyone in their right mind is still using the SV board.

The forms/fl stuff still technically works on newer SGI's, but
we might also wonder how useful they still are.

And this is for SGI only, there's probably a lot more dead wood
out there,
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -