[Python-Dev] Python-dev summary for 2002-09-01 to 2002-09-15

David Goodger goodger@users.sourceforge.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 01:45:27 -0400

Brett Cannon wrote:
> Please note that this summary is written using reST_ which can be found at
> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html .  If there is some markup in the
> summary that seems odd, chances are it is because of reST.

Please don't blame the markup!  By the time people see it, it's been
mutilated by mailers to the point where it's unrecognizable.  Like Python,
leading whitespace is significant in reStructuredText.  As the author,
please take steps to prevent your document's mutilation.

There are some serious problems in the text I received, probably due to
emailer handling of the text.  Specifically, line wrapping gets screwed up
if lines are longer than 76 or 78 characters, and indentation goes out the
window.  I always limit files to 70 characters per line to prevent this.

I haven't had a chance to look through it thoroughly (gotta get some sleep),
but I noticed you used a literal block for your author's intro, beginning
"This is the second summary".  I think a block quote would be better; just
drop the "::" and fix the indentation (which was totally wacky).

If you send me the original as an attachment (gzipped would be best), I'll
be happy to take a look and give a detailed critique.

--
David Goodger  <goodger@users.sourceforge.net>  Open-source projects:
  - Python Docutils: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/