[Python-Dev] Please help solving the problem

Praveen Patil praveen.patil@silver-software.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:01:45 +0100

Hi ,

Please help me in solving the problem below.

step 1: I have written three dlls :  a.dll , b.dll , c.dll.
                 a.dll contains  funct_A();
                 b.dll contains  funct_B();
                 c.dll contains  funct_C();

step 2: I am copying a.dll to directory C:\Program Files\Python\DLLs  and
renaming as a.pyd
        similarly
           I am copying b.dll to directory C:\Program Files\Python\DLLs. I
am not renaming as b.pyd
           I am copying c.dll to directory C:\Program Files\Python\DLLs and
renaming as c.pyd
        So my  C:\Program Files\Python\DLLs  directory contain
                         a.pyd , b.dll , c.pyd

step 3: a)Python function func_pyA() calls funct_A()
        b)funct_A() call funct_B()
        c)funct_B() call funct_C()
        d)funct_C() call python  fuction  func_pyC()

step 4: I am importing a.pyd and c.pyd in python program.
             import a
             import c

step 5: I am having problem in importing 'a' because  'a' need to load b.dll
and c.dll. But I copied c.dll as c.pyd.
        Please suggest me some solution.

here is my code :

 1)a.c (a.dll)
   ----------
         void func_A();

 2)b.c (b.dll)
   -----------
          void func_B();

 3)c.c( c.dll)
   -----------
          void func_C();

 4) example.py
    ---------
   import a
   import c

   G_Logfile  = None
   def TestFunction():
     G_Logfile = open('Pytestfile.txt', 'w')
     G_Logfile.write("%s \n"%'I am writing python created text file')
     G_Logfile.close
     G_Logfile = None

   if __name__ == "__main__":
   a.func_A();

Please help me in solving the problem.

Cheers,

Praveen.

[ The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, please notify us by telephone on +44 (0)1249 442 430 immediately, destroy the message and delete it from your computer. Silver Software has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been checked for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any such software viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. Furthermore, we do not accept responsibility for any change made to this message after it was sent by the sender.]