[Python-Dev] flextype.c -- extended type system

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:46:06 +0200

> > My additions support a subset of C++ virtual methods.
> > How is that esoteric?
>
> Why would an extension writer ever want to do this? "Normal" extension
> types either wrap some C type, so you don't have inheritance at all,
> or some C++ type, in which case a single type method can wrap
> arbitrary virtual methods (since the VMT is done in C++).

I'm still in favor of a 'clean' method to add additional
C accessible structure fields to types. Currently I'm
attaching them to the the type's dict, as I reported before.

As I understand it, Christian's first patch allows this.

Thomas